Popular Posts

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Running-yes I am going to run.

After I got out of boot camp years ago I said I wasn't interested in running for any reason ever again.  I ran a few times for fitness tests while I was in the Coast Guard but once I got out, I may have jogged a little but  that was it.  I did run track in High School but was never very fast.  I remember the track coach asking me if I wanted to throw shot-put instead.  He was so kind.

I'm training for a 5K.  I'm going with the Couch to 5K program because I like simple.  Yes, KISS (keep it simple stupid).  I'm going to an addiction recovery weekend in September in the next town over.  I'm going for the fellowship, the food and to run.  My new friend Bob lives in the area too, so that should make it even more fun.

Follow me a little, I'm not exciting but I'll be consistent now that I'm running.

No comments:

Post a Comment